[Đăng ngày: 09/05/2011]
Faculty of Finance and Banking, formerly Department of Finance and Banking - was established in January, 2002. It was also the first year when the entrance exam for Department of Finance and Banking was held at Faculty of Economics, Vietnam National University - Ho Chi Minh City.
Faculty of Finance and Banking undertakes that students will have the ability to search, acquire knowledge and transfer studied knowledge into useful, responsible activities in the global competitive environment.
The training program.
Faculty of Finance – Banking offers the undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Finance – Banking such as Master (since 2005) and PhD in Finance – Banking (since 2007).
The undergraduate training program of the Faculty is designed on the basis of the credit system, based on the framework program of the Ministry of Education and Training with reference to the programs of universities in U.S, Britain, Australia and Singapore (California, Texas, Michigan, London, Cambridge, New South Wales, Sidney, NUS). Through the process of teaching, the Faculty has adjusted the training program according to the structure and number of subjects equivalent to the same programs of other advanced universities in the world.
Besides, with the aim of training high quality human resources and meeting the requirements of socio-economic development, since 2006 – 2007 school course, Faculty of Finance – Banking started training talent undergraduate program with twenty - five students per course.
- Training Bachelor of Economics specialized in Finance – Banking witn basic knowledge of economics and finance;
- Having sound knowledge of finance and banking;
- Having the capability to think independently, develop their strengths by themselves and apply studied knowledge in researching, analyzing and evaluating financial policies, monetary policy;
- Having practical skills in analyzing and investing finance, financial markets, banking, credit assessment ... and having the ability to approach the fact, deal with specific professional issues undertaken in each specialized field of finance and banking.
- Students who graduate from Bachelor program in Finance and Banking will have the opportunities and the ability to work in the field of banking and finance (both at macro and micro level) including:
- State managerial organizations in finance and banking and Institutes of researching economics, finance, banking.
- Other intermediary financial institutions (commercial bank, investment funds from areas, economic sectors in the country and abroad, securities trading center)
- The international financial institutions, the financial advisory units, companies operating in investing and consulting securities domestic and abroad.
- Being financial analysts or holding positions related to financial management in enterprises of all economic sectors.
- In addition, students will have opportunities to study Master / PhD programs in the country and abroad.